Virtual Office

Mrs White is the voice at the other end of the telephone, she will answer all your questions about life at Saint Joseph's. There are lots of reasons you may contact school and various forms you may need to fill in, to make life a little easier we have placed links to some of the forms on this page.



At school we may administer medicines that have been prescribed by a doctor and is to be taken at least 4 times a day. To enable us to administer this we need parents permission to do so. The form below needs to be completed and sent into school with your child's medicine - this needs to be handed into Mrs White where it will be stored in a cool safe place and administered by a member of staff.

Medicine permission letter



At Saint Joseph's we ask that the children all wear uniform.  The uniform consists of grey trousers, skirt or pinafore with a red sweatshirt and a white polo shirt. For PE we ask that the children wear red shorts with a white round necked t shirt. At school we sell a range of good quality items with our school logo. These can be ordered from Mrs White throughout the school year - complete the downloadable form and return to school with payment in full.

We also ask that long hair is tied back.

Uniform Order Form


Exceptional leave of absence

Schools have the discretion to grant leave, but they should only do so in exceptional circumstances. If the Headteacher grants a leave request, it will be for them to determine the length of time that the child can be away from school. This leave is unlikely, however, to be granted for the purposes of a family holiday.

Parents can be fined for taking their child on holiday during term time without consent from the school. To find out more click the link.

However if you wish to apply for exceptional leave of absence then a form must be filled in and returned to school.


Exceptional leave of absence form


What is classed as Exceptional Circumstances?


Leave of Absence Statement



Free School Meals

A lot of people don't claim free school meals even though they're entitled. That's why Derbyshire County Council has launched a campaign to encourage people to check if they're eligible.

You don't need to worry about other children knowing your child gets free school meals. Only the school and catering staff will know.

You could save £400 a year for each child and your children could benefit from a good hot meal at lunchtime. The school benefits too − we get the pupil premium of £1,300 a year from the government for each child on free school meals.  We would therefore encourage all parents to apply if you think you may be eligible, even if your child still prefers to bring a packed lunch from home.

Your child may be able to get free school meals if you (or the young person themselves, where appropriate) get any of the following:

  • Income Support
  • Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
  • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
  • Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
  • The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
  • Child Tax Credit (provided you're not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
  • Working Tax Credit run-on  (paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
  • Universal Credit

You will not be eligible if you are claiming Working Tax Credit.

If you want to check your eligibility or apply, then you can do so online through the Derbyshire County Council website here



Note Home

We now send an interactive version of the NoteHome via Parent Hub. Please download the app and subscribe to our school.