Calver Crescent, Chesterfield, Derbyshire S43 3LY

01246 472798

St Joseph's Catholic and Church of England Primary School

With the Love of God we learn, grow and achieve.

Online Office

 There are lots of reasons you may contact school and various forms you may need to fill in, to make life a little easier we have placed links to some of the forms on this page.



At school we may administer medicines to your child. To enable us to administer this we need parents permission to do so. The form below needs to be completed and sent into school with your child's medicine - this needs to be handed into Mrs White where it will be stored in a cool safe place and administered by a member of staff.

Medicine permission letter


At Saint Joseph's we ask that the children all wear uniform. The uniform consists of grey trousers, skirt or pinafore with a red sweatshirt and a white polo shirt. For PE we ask that the children wear red/black shorts with a white round necked t shirt. In the cooler weather children may wear grey leggings or joggers, a white round necked tshirt with a plain, red hoody.  Pinders, our uniform stockist, sell a range of good quality items with our school logo. 

You can order uniform directly with our stockist using this link.

St Joseph’s Staveley | Pinders Schoolwear

Exceptional leave of absence

Schools have the discretion to grant leave, but they should only do so in exceptional circumstances. If the Headteacher grants a leave request, it will be for them to determine the length of time that the child can be away from school. This leave is unlikely, however, to be granted for the purposes of a family holiday.
Parents can be fined for taking their child on holiday during term time without consent from the school. To find out more click the link.
However if you wish to apply for exceptional leave of absence then a form must be filled in and returned to school.

Exceptional leave of absence form

What is classed as Exceptional Circumstances?

Leave of Absence Statement

Reporting an Absence

If your child is ill and you need to keep them off school please report this to school on the first morning of your child's absence. You can ring school on 01246 472798 or text 07597 313803.


We are aware that during a school year children will develop mild illnesses that may require them to be off school. Taking this into account the average school attendance rate should be 96% or above. 

If we have concerns around attendance then you will be informed, firstly through a ParentHub message and then in writing. Children's whose attendance is below 90% are classed as persistent absentees and this may lead to legal action. 


We pride ourselves in having a good attendance rate at Saint Joseph's. The school is currently ranked 24th in the country for attendance with 1 being the best and 100 the worst. The school's attendance rate for the last three years has been above average and is improving year on year. 
















Free School Meals


A lot of people don't claim free school meals even though they're entitled. That's why Derbyshire County Council has launched a campaign to encourage people to check if they're eligible.
You don't need to worry about other children knowing your child gets free school meals. Only the school and catering staff will know.
You could save £400 a year for each child and your children could benefit from a good hot meal at lunchtime. The school benefits too − we get the pupil premium of £1,345 a year from the government for each child on free school meals. We would therefore encourage all parents to apply if you think you may be eligible, even if your child still prefers to bring a packed lunch from home.

Your child may be able to get free school meals if you (or the young person themselves, where appropriate) get any of the following:
Income Support
Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
Child Tax Credit (provided you're not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
Universal Credit

You will not be eligible if you are claiming Working Tax Credit.

If you want to check your eligibility or apply, then you can do so online through the Derbyshire County Council website here